- Please note: The Farleigh Mountain Bike Routes will be temporarily closed for the next few weeks (weekends included). The routes are closed due to the current harvest of timber in areas traversing the routes and due to the hazardous nature of the work it will not be safe for mountain bikers. The alternative route that was used in the past is also affected, thus leaving us with no other alternative but the temporary closure. We apologise for the inconvenience caused.
Along the South Coast of South Africa lies one of the most beautiful stretches of coastline in the world, home to the Garden Route National Park.
A mosaic of ecosystems, it encompasses the world renowned Tsitsikamma and Wilderness sections, the Knysna Lake section, a variety of mountain catchment, Southern Cape indigenous forest and associated Fynbos areas. These areas resemble a montage of landscapes and seascapes, from ocean to mountain areas, and are renowned for its diverse natural and cultural heritage resources.
Managed by South African National Parks, it hosts a variety of accommodation options, activities and places of interest. A jewel in South Africa’s crown, the Park is a prime example of the country’s unique fauna and flora and will offer unforgettable views and life-long memories.
Activities available include:
- Response to KADA's letter to the media (12/04/2016) - 'SANParks lays claim to club land' - 13th April 2016
- Garden Route National Park meets global METT requirement - 5th April 2016
- Knysna Elephant spotted by SANParks ranger and Cape Pine / MTO field workers - 10th March 2016
- Relief as water bodies in the GRNP test negative for vibrio vulnificus - 17th February 2016
- Starkly different views in the Tsitsikamma MPA process - 8th February 2016
Posted by: MATTHYS (5th April 2016)
Posted by: MATTHYS (21st August 2015)
Posted by: DinkyBird (6th May 2015)
Have a question? Why not ask on the forums?
Did You Know?
Did You Know?
- The GRNP has the single largest block of Afromontane forest in South Africa including the Outeniqua and Tsitsikamma sandstone fynbos areas, Mountains, forest and coast in close proximity and scenic beauty.