Perdekloof picnic site open 1 May 2016
The Perdekloof picnic site will be open on the 1st of May from 09h00 to 17h00. The picnic site will be closed from the 2nd of May for the winter and reopen again on 1 November 2016.
Change of contact details and physical address for TMNP Marine Unit
Please note the change of contact details and address for TMNP Marine Unit:
- Tel: 021 783 0234
- Fax: 021 783 0174
- Physical address: 2 Light House Road, Kommetjie, 7975 (No longer based at Signal School)
Notice - Revision of EMP for Cycling in the TMNP
Cycling and Mountain Biking Environmental Management Programme Maps:
Change of TMNP's postal address
Please note that the Table Mountain National Park's postal address has transferred
Constantia Postal Services to Blue Route Postal Services, situated in Blue Route
Mall, Cape Town.
The new postal address: Table Mountain National Park, P.O. Box 37, Steenberg, 7947.
Buses at Cape Point Gate
Large buses need to exercise caution when using the bus lane at Cape Point Main Gate as we are in the process of adding an additional lane to the gate. Although there are barrier fences up and warning and directional signage in place, the lane is narrower than usual due to the upgrade. In addition there are workers and delivery vehicles on site so we ask that drivers be extra cautious when approaching the facility.
All footpaths/tracks/access points leading from Silvermine West to Tokai are closed. This includes the Level 5 access point, the footpath from Elephants Eye down to Tokai, as well as the Vlakkenberg track from the Masts. Upper Tokai is closed due to tree felling operations.
Trail closures in TMNP due to fires
- Red Hill Trail via Kleinplaas Dam to Slangkop is closed until the repairs to the trail post-fire can be affected.
- Swartkopberg Trail is under repair and currently closed.
- The Chapmans Peak footpath (on the Noordhoek side) is closed indefinitely.
Cape Point construction update
- Construction at Cape of Good Hope Main Gate is underway. While you may experience minor delays the gate entrance will remain open to the public. We appeal to vehicles using the bus lane to exercise caution due to the proximity of the construction site.
Fire: Redhill to Kommetjie
Please note that the trail from Redhill to Slangkop is closed until the damage in this location has been assessed. Currently no access is granted to this area for all recreational users until the safety of the area has been determined.
Hikers and Recreational Users Advisory: Fire-affected Areas in Simon's Town
A fire has swept through a portion of Table Mountain National Park in the Simon's Town area. The fire-affected areas are as follow:
- From Klawer Valley over the Swartkopberg Mountain into Simon's Town.
- North Peak, Swartkop and Simonsberg have burnt from Signal School through Blockhouse Gap to Rocklands.
- It is not recommended that Blockhouse Gap be used for hiking at this time.
- Signal School steps and Admirals Waterfall path is still open, as well as is the area from Signal School to Red Hill Road.
- The trail from Redhill to Slangkop is closed until the damage in this location has been assessed.
The slopes on this mountain consist of small loose rocks, mixed with larger boulders. They are also north facing slopes, with very slow vegetation recovery, so the soils will be exposed. The sensitivity of the vegetation, means that any sort of trampling should be avoided. We would ask you be sensitive to the damage that has been caused by the fire and allow the area some time to recover.
Filming, Events and Functions
Table Mountain National Park will close for all filming, events and functions (bar Signal Hill) on 15 December 2016 and reopen on 18 January 2017.
Oudekraal remains open for function bookings.
This natural world heritage site, and Natural New 7 Wonder of the World, is a haven of magnificent mountains plunging into crystal seas fringed with bleached white sands of the Cape Peninsula. The mountain chain stretches from Signal Hill in the north, to Cape Point in the South and is also home to the world’s smallest, yet most diverse floral kingdom, The Cape Floristic Region.
Table Mountain National Park is a must-visit for anyone in Cape Town, local or international. From open access hikes and beautiful forest walks to pristine picnic and day-visit spots to secluded picturesque accommodation facilities throughout the park, there is plenty to do, see and experience.
Conservation fees are payable at Cape Point, Boulders Penguin Colony, Silvermine and the picnic sites (Oudekraal, Newlands, Perdekloof and Tokai).
Must sees for this park include:
There are currently no promotions available. Please come back soon.
- 'My Green Card' not accepted as conservation fees
- 1 bedroom with 2 single beds
- 1 bedroom with bunk bed
- 1 bedroom with double bed
- 2 Single beds with mattresses
- Additional pax must supply own mattress
- Additional pax requests submitted to the Park only
- Check in 14H00 to 17H00 winter (Apr- Sept)
- 1 bedroom with 4 single beds
- 1 bedroom with bunk bed
- 1 bedroom with double bunks
- 3 bedrooms, each with 2 single beds
- Fuel reduction burns to take place in Table Mountain National Park - 22nd April 2016
- Media Release: Revised EMP for Road Cycling And Mountain Biking in the TMNP Relased for Comment - 1st April 2016
- Media Release: Table Mountain National Park in shock - 8th March 2016
- Media Release: Prescribed burning in the Table Mountain National Park due to take place in coming weeks - 7th March 2016
- Media Release: Another tragic accident on Table Mountain National Park - 9th February 2016
Posted by: MATTHYS (23rd April 2016)
Posted by: MATTHYS (9th March 2016)
Posted by: CapePR (12th January 2016)
Have a question? Why not ask on the forums?
Hoerikwaggo Tented Camps
Did You Know?
Min: 9°C / Max: 18°C
Hot & Useful Links
- Video: Table Mountain's journey to New7Wonder of Nature inauguration
- Valuation of Table Mountain Aerial Cableway Company's Cableway Assets
- Tokai Manor Precinct Plan: Final Report
- Activity EMP
- TMNP Safety Information
- Junior Rangers 2015 application form
- CDF 2006-11 Reports
- Commercial Operators in TMNP